Process and Philosophy
- Start with a comprehensive financial plan, based on all of your goals, to help you reach and get through retirement. We use MoneyGuide Pro software for comprehensive financial planning.
- That plan dictates your investment, savings and debt management strategies.
- Create an accurate and reliable risk tolerance measurement to create your investment mix. We use Riskalyze software, based on Nobel prize winning behavioral economics.
- Your investments follow the financial plan to create the most suitable investment approach to reach your goals. Plan first, investments next.
- We create a portfolio of low cost funds closely aligned with the risk you need to take.
- The portfolio will be spread across the world’s major asset classes in a mix suited to your goals and needs.
- The portfolio will be monitored and rebalanced as needed to keep you on track with your overall plan. The portfolio will change as your situation or needs change.
“We cannot predict but we can prepare” sums up our core beliefs in how to help you navigate towards your goals. In addition the following is what we believe.
- Most people would benefit from the help of a professional. When seeking that help make sure you work with a Fiduciary, like Verium, who is bound by statute to put your needs first.
- Each person has a unique set of circumstances and values and their overall plan should reflect and serve those unique qualities.
- Client education is fundamental to our shared success. When you are well informed you have a better chance of staying the course and reaching your goals.
- We will help you set realistic expectations of what the markets can and cannot do for you.
- We will help you understand what can go right or wrong with any well reasoned approach.
- We believe the short term is always unknowable and can easily lead us astray. We ignore market predictions as they are mostly worthless. Time is our greatest asset.
- Managing risk is more important than beating the market.
- Without clearly established and quantified long term goals, making a bunch of investments is misguided.
- Focusing on those things we can control and preparing for those we cannot.
- The value of working with those whose values align with ours and our mutual obligations in that shared relationship.
- Telling you the truth faithfully about what works and was does not, even when that may not be comfortable.